10 WEEK BLOCK $290
Choose the same specific day/time for the 10 wk period.
•TUE 5.30 - 6.30pm with Alexandra
•THUR 6.45 - 7.45pm with Diane
• FRI 10.30 - 11.30am with Alexandra
Terms and Conditions apply
Bookings required Email us
or call us on 03 9510 8803
(NB. Medical clearance required for special circumstances such as breech baby or placenta previa.)
"I have found the Prenatal Yoga classes so relaxing and feel I have been able to cope better with physical and emotional stress because of them. I am really excited to give birth and feel very confident because of the classes. Thank you Alexandra!" Rowan H.
"I am so pleased I started Pregnancy Yoga. It is exactly what I needed. So beautiful and refreshing!"
"Attending private Prenatal Yoga sessions and Yoga for Birth preparation with Alexandra has enabled me to learn the yoga, meditation and relaxation techniques I desperately needed in my pregnancy to help me wind down from a round-the-clock, high stress job.
I have been able to enjoy my pregnancy so much more and spend time not only doing something that is good for me and my wellbeing, but for my baby’s wellbeing as well.
Alexandra is a kind and caring teacher whose teachings will stay with me for life." J McKenzie
"I have tried Prenatal Yoga before at various different places without really enjoying it and almost decided that yoga 'wasn't for me'. When my friend told me about Alexandra's class it sounded inviting enough to give it a try. I did the Prenatal yoga class beginning at about 14 weeks of pregnancy. Immediately I found the physical environment of the yoga studio inviting and lovely to be in The class reminded me to breathe deeply, keep a good posture and communicate to my baby through the pregnancy. I would highly recommend this class and Alexandra as a teacher to any pregnant woman". R. Lea
This unique Prenatal Yoga class will provide safe, simple and effective exercises designed to relax and strengthen your rapidly changing body and prepare you for easier childbirth. Come and share your experience with other women as you relax through yoga & meditation.
THE SCIENCE OF BREATH
- As you breathe, so your child learns his/her breathing pattern.
- If you are tense or stressed, your breath will be tense and your child will feel it. In your womb your child feels and hears all your physical, mental & emotional internal processes.
- If you practice Prenatal Yoga, you will be more relaxed, your breath will be soft and smooth, and your baby will interpret the world in this way and will learn to be this way.
YOUR CHANGING BODY IN PREGNANCY
- During the 9 months of Pregnancy your body will go through many changes.
- You will experience your greatest flexibility due to the release of a hormone called “relaxin”; the hormone that will help your pelvis naturally open up during childbirth.
- You can take advantage of this enhanced flexibility to learn to know your body through the practice of pregnancy yoga, and you can choose to maintain this flexibility & strength through your whole life through the ongoing practice of yoga.
YOUR EMOTIONS WHILE PREGNANT
- It is normal you to feel emotional through Pregnancy as many hormonal and physical changes are taking place.
- The practice of Prenatal Yoga will assist you in regaining your self-confidence and courage, it will prepare your body, mind and soul for the greatest event in life: birth.
- You will feel more relaxed, calm & secure within your self.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN PRENATAL YOGA CLASS?
- We will focus on breath exercises and synchronized movement to allow for your body to open, relax and strengthen.
- Most importantly we will work on getting your mind fit through relaxation and breathing techniques.
BIRTH BLISS: Birth PreparationWorkshop for couples
About your teacher: Alexandra Di Cecco
Alexandra has studied & practiced yoga for over 20 years, she has been a Hatha & Kundalini Yoga teacher since 2002 and a Pregnancy Yoga teacher since 2004, she is also currently a Teacher Trainer Intern.
A happy mother of two. Alexandra has experienced first hand the amazing benefits that yoga and the ancient yogic techniques provide woman through pregnancy, birth and in the every day challenges of mothering.
Alexandra Di Cecco trained on Pregnancy Yoga at the famous Golden Bridge studio in Los Angeles USA, with the renowned teacher Gurumukh Kaur. She is a childbirth educator and Hypnobirthing teacher. Alexandra is passionate about peaceful birth practices and continues to learn and develop programs to help women have the birth of their dreams. This unique class will touch your heart . Read Alexandra's Birth Story
Pregnancy and birth are paramount events in a woman’s life , a real physical experience of a woman’s creativity. It is both a blessing and a responsibility to become a mother and the first teacher to a new life.
Many women are so driven to be always the best at all they do, that they find themselves struggling to have the perfect pregnancy. This is detrimental not only to their wellbeing and sanity but also their babies.
Pregnancy yoga is an amazing tool of self-awareness that teaches mothers to flow, relax and enjoy their pregnancy.
By practicing the gentle postures the body remains relaxed while many special asanas will encourage the baby to get into position. The exercises will not only strengthen the mother’s body but also her mind preparing her for a more harmonious birth.
The breathing techniques will improve oxygenation of blood and in turn enhance the wellbeing of the mother. The baby will learn from her mother’s breathing patterns how to breathe, thus learning correct breathing patterns from the womb.
The practice of meditation will allow for the most beautiful bonding experience of mother and baby.
The benefits of practicing Yoga before, during and after pregnancy are incommensurable and soul fulfilling for mother and child.
Join us, open your heart to your baby, to yourself and to other expecting mothers.